Dealing with Relationships

Copied from a friend

Let me tell you a personal story.

So about 5 years ago, I used to be very close to this guy

he was few years older than me and he treated me well and vice versa. 

We had so much respect for each other (we still do) and we knew what was on each other's mind per time at least on my own side. 

There was no strings attached and we were more of prayer partners because we were prayos of NTA then.

We had each other's back and would always share our dreams and visions.

We both love God and would burn for him

All of a sudden, things began to change and I became bothered. 

I didn't want to loose our friendship but still it happened and we became really distant friends. 

He even stopped calling and texting me.

I was pissed

So one day I called him and asked what's up

He laughed and said I did it for you and me

And I was like I don't understand 

He said I started feeling one type of way about you and you were always on my mind but in a different light

All I could say was oooh but then you should have told me and we could have talked and prayed about it.

Baba laughed and said "dear let's not deceive ourselves, I did it for us because I had to work on whatever feeling I had for you"

My head was like ahn ahn Nawa oo!


And guys guess what, we went back to being distant friends and only on birthday callers which I always did first and he would reciprocate.

For a very long time, I still could not get why he did that tho until this night. 

I came across two scriptures and my mind went to him immediately.

Turns out that he really did love me and wanted to save us both. 

Truth is I would have been vulnerable and reciprocated the feeling he had for me eventually even if I felt like we could pray about it. Lol!

Proverbs 4:7-8 and Proverbs 31:3

If you read these scriptures and allow it into your heart and spirit, you will understand that it is better to run far from the ways of a woman (and by the ways of a woman I mean sexual pleasures a woman can give you).

He had understood this.

Now see this.

"You might think you are enjoying yourself and exploring, you are straining your strength (message bible calls it vitality) and destroying your potentials as a king"

N:B- I'm not talking to those who do not understand the kingdom mandate, and how important it is to lead your life as a KING.

All thanks to God for his divine Wisdom.

Comments